Building an Ecosystem in E-Commercev 0.1
Attrace is a decentralised affiliate marketing platform
The Attrace mission is to reinvent affiliate marketing by using blockchain technology in order to accurately
ATtribute & TRACE
every individual click in affiliate marketing.
Attrace is a custom made dedicated blockchain capable of registering and auditing any advertisement click on chain (sale or no-sale).
This concept enables anybody to start an agreement in affiliate marketing directly with a counter-party without a middleman involved.
Advantages of this concept are:
- No more trust and transparency issues
- No more tracking problems or tracking fraud
- No more data privacy issues (GDPR, integration issues because of compliance)
- No problems with future internet browser updates to improve privacy (e.g. ad blockers Safari)
- Dramatically reduced network fees (from 15-45%! to 0.5-3%)
- No more restrictions to participate in affiliate marketing (long-tail and emerging markets)
- Dynamic contracts (time, LTV, geo etc., more than two parties in one contract, more steps in tracking between click and sales)
- Incentive for cookie spamming by Publisher removed
- No more slow and complicated payments / credit risk (define rules and restrictions)
- Direct communication between Publisher and Merchant
- No exclusivity contracts
- Facilitating the affiliate marketing industry with an Ecosystem for E-commerce
What is affiliate marketing
- A Publisher, like a news-website or blog is advertising a Merchant/Merchant product or service
- When someone clicks on this advertisement and buys from the Merchant website, the Merchant will pay the Publisher a commission
- In other words: Merchant pays Publisher only per sale or conversion achieved
- This is a 100% performance based model and therefore for most Merchants the preferred advertising model (perfect control on ROI and often also higher ROI)
- It is also for Publisher that have good targeted traffic the preferred advertising model
So why aren’t there more people involved in Affiliate Marketing?
- In traditional affiliate marketing, the Merchant and Publisher do not deal with each other directly, there is a central regulating middleman involved called the Affiliate Network
- Affiliate Networks track all clicks / referrals / leads / sales and arrange all payments. In return they take a 10-35% cut of the commissions paid by the Merchant to the Publisher.
- This middleman is causing problems that are constraining this industry from reaching its full potential.
Attrace reinvents affiliate marketing
Attrace applies blockchain at the core of affiliate marketing by logging the agreement between the Merchants and Publishers and by registering - on the blockchain - every individual click generated by a Publisher, sale or no-sale. This approach makes a regulating middleman (Affiliate Network) obsolete.
No difference in User Experience
No difference in User Experience compared to current networks bar the game changing advantages.
- User Interface of the online environment will be very similar to existing networks.
- Commission payments will still be in fiat (normal currency) and triggered automatically (e.g. via Adyen).
- There is no need for Publisher nor Merchant to have any understanding about blockchain or the underlying consensus.
In case however you are interested in the underlying Attrace tech and how this fundamentally differs from existing networks, please check DLT.